Rising Sydney four piece Planet have just revealed their brand new single Never New, out today on Australian indie label Dew Process (Bloc Party, Sam Fender). The track is their first new music since the release of their debut EP Waking Eight in 2018. Listen to Never New here.
Newer New marks a new chapter for the rising Aussie quartet. As vocalist Matty Took sings “Love won’t change a thing” over a wall of distorted guitars and captivating hooks, this track might just change everything for this young band.
Consisting of lead singer Matty Took (younger brother to DMA’s Johnny Took), Tom Peppitt (lead guitar), Harrison Stewart-Weeks (drums) and Jimmy Weaver (bass), Planet have had an exciting year. Having played several headline tours and festivals across the UK, it has become their home away from home.
It’s to no one’s surprise then that after a sold out UK tour in May and support slots for DMA’s, the quartet will play a run of shows across the UK this summer, including festival appearances at Tramlines and Truck among others. Tickets for Plymouth, Guildford, and Milton Keynes have already sold out. All dates and links to remaining tickets can be found below.
Planet UK tour dates, July 2019
- 18 Jul – The Parish – Huddersfield
- 19 Jul – Tramlines – Sheffield (tickets)
- 20 Jul – Broadcast – Glasgow
- 21 Jul – Underground – Stoke
- 22 Jul – Ebgb’S – Liverpool
- 23 Jul – The Moon – Cardiff
- 24 Jul – Joiners – Southampton
- 26 Jul – Truck Festival – Oxford (sold out)
- 27 Jul – Ynot Festival – Derby
- 28 Jul – The Old Blue Last – London
- 29 Jul – The Junction – Plymouth (sold out)
- 30 Jul – The Boileroom – Guildford (sold out)
- 31 Jul – The Craufurd Arms – Milton Keynes (sold out)
- 18-21 Sep – Reeperbahn Festival – Hamburg, DE
Never New is out now via all digital outlets.