Bombay Bicycle Club are back with their sixth studio album, My Big Day, set for release on October 20 via AWAL. Produced by vocalist/guitarist Jack Steadman at The Church Studios in North London and their own studio, the album features a diverse range of guest vocalists including Damon Albarn, Jay Som, Nilüfer Yanya, and Holly Humberstone. They have also teased a fifth special guest who will release a song with the band later this summer.
To coincide with the album’s announcement, the band has released the album’s title track, an infectious leftfield pop song that is characteristic of the band’s unpredictable guitar sound. The accompanying video, directed by Jon Higgs from Everything Everything and Kit Monteith, showcases a local newscast covering heavy-hitting news. International versions of the video are also set to release on June 21, translated and with local graphics.
The band’s previous works have garnered critical acclaim, and My Big Day is no exception with additional production from Paul Epworth and Ben Allen who previously worked with Bombay Bicycle Club on their hit single Shuffle back in 2011. The record was mixed by Dave Fridmann, known for his work with The Flaming Lips, Mercury Rev, MGMT, and HAIM.
The band is set to perform two intimate return shows in Ramsgate and London later this month, with a series of UK/European festival appearances and a UK tour in association with record stores this Autumn in support of My Big Day’s release, followed by a full European headline tour in November.
Bombay Bicycle Club Instore/Outstore UK Live Dates
- October 17—Academy 2—Leicester (in association with Truck)
- October 18—The Academy—Oxford (in association with Truck)
- October 19—PRYZM—London (in association with Banquet Records)
- October 20—Rough Trade East, London
- October 21—Pier, Portsmouth (in association with Pie & Vinyl)
- October 22—The Church—Marlborough (in association with Sound Knowledge) *Matinee acoustic performance
- October 11—Marble Factory—Bristol (in association with Rough Trade)
- October 23—The Empire—Coventry (in association with HMV)
- October 24—Hangar 34—Liverpool (in association with Jacaranda Records)
- October 25—Liquid Room—Edinburgh (in association with Assai Records)
- October 26—Fat Sam’s—Dundee (in association with Assai Records)
My Big Day is an eclectic album that showcases the breadth of the band’s appeal, featuring guest vocalists and additional production that add a new dimension to their unpredictable guitar sound. Bombay Bicycle Club’s return is highly anticipated and the album is set to make waves in the music industry upon its release.