Today, Sir Chloe, the project of multitalented vocalist, guitarist and songwriter Dana Foote, share their new single, Should I, ahead of the release of their debut album, I Am The Dog, set for release this Friday, May 19th.
The band’s forthcoming LP, produced by John Congleton, with songwriting contributions from Sarah Tudzin of Illuminati Hotties and Teddy Greiger, encapsulates the thrilling paradoxical nature of Sir Chloe. Tackling the struggles of finding control amidst the chaos of life, highlighting and delving into this tension, destabilising it and then opting for chaos once more.
Next week Sir Chloe are headed across the UK to kick off their extensive UK, EU and North American headline tour, and are set to support Phoenix and Beck’s co-headline tour in the US, joining the likes of Japanese Breakfast, Weyes Blood and Jenny Lewis.
SIR CHLOE UK & EU Tour Dates
- May 24th | Dublin, IR – The Academy, Green Room
- May 25th | Belfast, UK – Limelight 2
- May 27th | Leeds, UK – Live At Leeds Festival
- May 30th | Nottingham, UK – Rescue Rooms
- June 1st | Manchester, UK – Band On The Wall
- June 2nd | London, UK – Heaven
- June 3rd | Brighton, UK – Patterns
- June 5th | Bristol, UK – Thekla
- June 6th | Birmingham, UK – O2 Institute 2
- June 7th | Glasgow, UK – SGW Galvanizers
- June 9th | Paris, FR – Le Trabendo
- June 10th | Hilvarenbeek, NL – Best Kept Secret Festival
- June 12th | Antwerp, BE – Trix
- June 13th | Frankfurt, DE – Brotfabrik
- June 15th | Cologne, DE – Luxor
- June 16th | Berlin, DE – Frannz
- June 17th | Linz, AT – Lido Sounds Festival
- June 20th | Stockholm, SE – Hus 7
- June 21st | Oslo, NO – Parkteateret
- June 22nd | Copenhagen, DK – Lille Vega
- June 24th | Prague, CZ – Metronome
- June 25th | Warsaw, PL – Niebo
- June 26th | Budapest, HU – Akvarium Klub
- June 28th | Lucerne, CH – Shuur Lucerne
- June 29th | Milan, IT – Legends
- July 2nd | Arras, FR – Main Square Festival
The new track follows on from previous single Know Better. Another deeply infectious offering from the album, Know Better is a serving of off-kilter surf rock with euphoric melodies that feel fit for a daydream. Of the track, Foote states:
It is all too tempting to make decisions on behalf of one’s own desire. This song was written over the course of a day after the threshold was crossed between writing for pleasure and writing out of desperation.
Produced by John Congleton, the debut album, I Am The Dog, is a triumphant debut that perfectly encapsulates the exciting nature of Sir Chloe. Alongside the album’s release, the band are kicking off an extensive UK, EU and North America tour and are set to support Phoenix and Beck on their co-headline tour in the US. Tickets for the UK tour are available here*.
Previous single, Hooves, will also be on the new album. The first taste of what is to come from the album, Hooves produced by legendary producer John Congleton, with songwriting contributions from Sarah Tudzin, showcases the band’s instrumentation skills, whilst allowing Foote’s nonchalant vocals to take centre stage.
I Am The Dog is set to thematically grapple with taking control of the chaos of life, whilst highlighting its tensions before destabilising, opting for chaos once more. Towing the line between expression and concealment, I Am The Dog is set to propel Sir Chloe into the limelight.