After releasing their Valentine’s Day jam Follow You and their latest singles, Us and Don’t Wanna, Irish indie-rock band modernlove. announce their brand new EP Oh My Mind will be released on July 29th via Akira Records (home of Phoria, Henry Green, Mt. Wolf, Rosie Carney, and Shura). Alongside this announcement, the band also share their latest single Islands.
The 7-track EP features all of the band’s singles released this year on top of three previously unreleased songs. Sombre pop rock ballad Islands is another prime example of the band’s signature sound.
Speaking about the new track, they said:
The song is about the distances between people in their relationships and how for some, it seems too impossible a task to even try to bridge those gaps. These people are made into “islands” by the oceans they must travel each day to meet and see each other eye to eye.
Modernlove. UK and Ireland Tour Dates
To celebrate the EP’s release, modernlove. will embark on their first ever UK and Ireland tour this November. The band will also play a string of support shows in Germany with Neeve. Tickets are available here*.
- Oct 4 Leipzig, DE – Neues Schauspiel *
- Oct 6 Berlin, DE – Cassiopeia *
- Oct 7 Hamburg, DE – Turmzimmer *
- Oct 10 Cologne, DE – Yard Club *
- Nov 2 – Birmingham – Hare & Hounds
- Nov 3 – Manchester – The Castle Hotel
- Nov 4 – Glasgow – The Garage (Attic Bar)
- Nov 9 – Bristol – The Louisiana
- Nov 10 – London – Camden Assembly
- Nov 11 – Leeds – Hyde Park Book Club
- Nov 12 – Belfast, The Deer’s Head
- Nov 13 – Derry, Sandino’s
- Nov 17 – Listowel, Mike The Pies
- Nov 18 – Limerick, Kasbah Social Club
- Nov 19 – Cork, Winthrop Avenue
- Nov 24 – Galway, Roisin Dubh
- Nov 25 – Dublin, Button Factory
In September 2021, modernlove. released their debut EP monochrome blue including singles Liquorice, 2 Missed Calls, and lmk (if you wanna see me) which were featured on several Spotify and Apple Music playlists. The band also received support from several radio stations, including Radio X, were labeled ’Ones to Watch’ on the Official Charts, and Irish Music Acts to Listen to in 2022 by The Irish Times. On top of all that, the band played live sessions on BBC Introducing and Seconds Away with Gemma Bradley.
Islands is part of our New Indie Bands playlist.