Following on from the release of the acclaimed debut EP, Dogs Fighting In My Dream, today, London’s Modern Woman return with the release of their new single, Ford. The track is partnered with its accompanying music video, directed by the band’s previous collaborator Sandra Ebert in the Cambridgeshire countryside.
Speaking of the track, vocalist and guitarist Sophie Harris states:
‘Ford’ has been one of the oldest songs in our repertoire’, she continues, ‘I wrote the bassline loop for it a long time ago, one day when I only had a bass to hand. I structured the song and added guitar and simple vocal. I wanted to give it a raw, slightly sinister feel to it. We can spend an incredibly long time working a song in our practise space before we ever play it live, so we wanted to make sure that energy resonated through the recording’.
This Summer sees the band play across the UK at multiple festivals, including End Of The Road and Latitude Festival, whilst also stopping off in Nottingham and Sheffield before hitting the road with TV Priest in Autumn and Winter. Tickets are available here*.
- July 22nd – Suffolk, UK @ Latitude Festival
- Aug 13th – Nottingham, UK @ Bodega
- Sept 1st-4th – Salisbury, UK @ End of the Road Festival
- Sept 24th – Sheffield, UK @ Float Along Festival
- Oct 30th – Bristol, UK @ Louisiana *
- Oct 31st – Birmingham, UK @ Hare & Hounds *
- Nov 1st – Dublin, IRE @ The Workman’s Club *
- Nov 3rd – Manchester, UK @ YES Pink Room *
- Nov 4th – Glasgow, UK @ Broadcast *
- Nov 5th – Leeds, UK @ Belgrave Music Hall *
- Nov 7th – Cambridge, UK @ Portland Arms *
- Nov 8th – Leicester, UK @ Firebug *
- Nov 10th – London, UK @ Scala *
- Nov 12th – Southampton, UK @ Joiners *
- Nov 13th – Brighton, UK @ Green Door Store *
* with TV Priest.