Declan Welsh & The Decadent West have recently dropped their brand new anthemic single Talking To Myself. Following on from previous singles Parisian Friends and Another One, the track is the third taster for the Scottish group’s new It’s Been A Year EP out on September 2nd. Listen below.
The new track and EP follow on from last year’s debut album Cheaply Bought, Expensively Sold. Having gained support from the likes of Jack Saunders (BBC Radio 1) and Steve Lamacq (BBC 6 Music), Welsh and his band are getting ready for the release of their second full length later this year.
Recorded with Chris Marshall at 7 West Studios, the It’s Been A Year EP was written during lockdown and deals with feelings of uncertainty and longing for better days. Even so, is not a mere result of the pandemic, as its songs consist of newer as well as older themes and ideas. Speaking about the forthcoming EP, frontman Declan Welsh explained:
On the album there was more political stuff, but this EP is a bit of a reflection of where I am, both with COVID being the most dominating aspect of the last year, and of me not being as certain as I was when I was younger – that standing up and shouting ‘no pasaran’ in front of a room of people is actually what I thought it was.
Having played at Glastonbury (Billy Bragg’s Left Field stage in 2019) and an upcoming sub-headliner gig at this year’s TRNSMT (King Tut’s stage), the four-piece have also recently announced a massive UK tour for November. All dates and tickets* can be found below.
Declan Welsh & The Decadent West November UK tour
- 11th Sept – TRNSMT Festival, Glasgow
- 2nd Nov – EBGB’s, Liverpool
- 4th Nov – Sidney and Matilda, Sheffield
- 5th Nov – Parish, Huddersfield
- 6th Nov – Adelphi, Hull
- 7th Nov – YES, Manchester
- 9th Nov – The Horn, St Albans
- 10th Nov – Le Pub, Newport (tickets*)
- 11th Nov – Sebright Arms, London
- 12th Nov – Joiners, Southampton
- 13th Nov – Moles, Bath
- 15th Nov – Bodega, Nottingham (tickets*)
- 16th Nov – The Victoria, Birmingham
- 17th Nov – Cookie, Leicester (tickets*)
- 18th Nov – The Waterfront, Norwich (tickets*)
- 20th Nov – Songs From Northern Britain, Stockton
- 21st Nov – Bootleg Social, Blackpool
- 22nd Nov – SWG3, Glasgow
- 23rd Nov – The Caves, Edinburgh