Prior to the launch of their debut LP Bright Green Field (out May 7th), Squid have announced a UK tour titled “Fieldworks” starting from the 19th May 2021. This tour is set to feature material from the aforementioned album for the first time as well as the chance to witness “Squid’s creative process first-hand”.
The band states:
With all this time rooted in one place we’ve been hard at work writing new music together. We thought that this little tour of places, off the beaten track, would be a great opportunity to show you all some new tunes and some REALLY new tunes. We can’t wait to play some places that aren’t on the traditional touring circuit and see all your faces.
The socially distanced tour dates
- Wednesday 19th May – The Cornish Bank, Falmouth
- Thursday 20th May – St Mary’s, Totnes
- Saturday 22nd May – The Cube, Bristol*
- Wednesday 26th May – Old Road Tavern, Chippenham*
- Friday 28th May – The Adelphi, Hull*
- Tuesday 1st June – The Leadmill, Sheffield
- Thursday 3rd June – Stoller Hall, Manchester*
- Saturday 5th Jane – Silver Building, London*
- Monday 7th June – The Halls, Norwich
- Wednesday 9th June – De Le Warr Pavillion, Bexhill
- Saturday 12th June – Cliftonville Hall, Margate
* indicates two shows back-to-back
Brighton band Squid will release their debut album Bright Green Field on 7th May 2021, following up on their critically acclaimed 2019 EP Town Centre. The album is set to feature “field recordings of ringing bells, tooting bees” as well as a 30-strong distorted choir and “a horn and string ensemble featuring the likes of, Emma-Jean Thackray and Lewis Evans from Black Country, New Road”. It includes “innovative recording techniques, evolutionary leaps, lyrical themes, ideas and narratives that underpin the album”, as evidenced on singles Narrator featuring Martha Skye Murphy and Paddling, available for listening here.
Bright Green Field artwork & tracklisting
- Resolution Square
- Narrator feat Martha Skye Murphy
- Boy Racers
- Documentary Filmmaker
- The Flyover
- Peel St
- Global Groove
The socially distanced “Fieldworks” tour follows the previously announced headline “Bright Green Field” UK & Europe tour. All dates can be found below. Tickets are available here.