Today, Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes have announced their new album, Dark Rainbow, set for release January 26th 2024. Accompanying the announcement, the band have also shared its lead single, ‘Man Of The Hour’, which received its airplay debut by Clara Amfo on BBC Radio 1’s Future Sounds show last night.
Marking a whole new era for The Rattlesnakes, ‘Man Of The Hour’ questions rock stardom and where it fits in in 2023. Speaking of the track, vocalist Frank Carter states:
We talk about how rock and roll will never die, but we never really talk about how maybe the idea of the rock star should die. The whole concept and what it means has always been this glamorised moment, but ultimately when I put that suit on, it didn’t go very well for me.
I’m just witnessing the world change so quickly and I’m still trying to come to terms with who I am and what the authentic version of me is. By giving people what I thought they wanted I think I got further and further away from who I actually am.
Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes Tour Dates
Celebrating the release of Dark Rainbow, the band will head out on their biggest tour to date, with the announcement of their UK, Europe, Australia and USA tour which begins next February. Fans in the UK and EU can pre-order the album or sign up for access to pre-sale.
- 06 Feb – The Great Hall, Cardiff, UK
- 07 Feb – O2 Academy, Bristol, UK
- 09 Feb – Academy, Manchester, UK
- 10 Feb – Northumbria Uni Student’s Union, Newcastle, UK
- 11 Feb – Barrowland, Glasgow, UK
- 13 Feb – O2 Academy, Leeds, UK
- 14 Feb – Wulfrun Hall, Wolverhampton, UK
- 15 Feb – Roundhouse, London, UK
- 16 Feb – Roundhouse, London, UK
- 22 Feb – Metropol, Berlin, DE
- 23 Feb – Live Music Hall, Cologne, DE
- 24 Feb – Le Bataclan, Paris, FR
- 26 Feb – AB Main Hall, Brussels, BE
- 27 Feb – 013 Poppodium, Tilburg, Netherlands, NL
- 16 Apr – Magnet House, Perth, AUS
- 18 Apr – The Gov, Adelaide, AUS
- 19 Apr – 170 Russell, Melbourne, AUS
- 20 Apr – Barwon Club, Geelong, AUS
- 23 Apr – Triffid, Brisbane, AUS
- 24 Apr – Crowbar, Sydney, AUS
- 13 May – The End, Nashville TN, USA
- 14 May – Subterranean, Chicago IL, USA
- 17 May – Horseshoe Tavern, Toronto, ON,CAN
- 20 May – Foundry, Philadelphia PA, USA
- 21 May – The Gramercy Theatre, New York NY, USA
- 22 May – Atlantis, Washington DC, USA