Canada’s Arkells have recently announced their seventh studio album Blink Twice, the follow up to last year’s Blink Once, will be released on September 23rd. Coinciding with this news, the band have also recently shared brand new single and video for banger Human Being featuring fellow Canadian artist, Lights. Watch and listen below.
Blink Twice follows on from 2021’s Blink Once , including hit single You Can Get It featuring K.Flay that was featured in the E3 launch of the Forza Horizon 5 last summer, as well as the acoustic album Campfire Chords, a collection of re-imagined Arkells classics. New single Human Being arrives on the back of the band’s own annual hometown festival The Rally at Tim Hortons Field.
Speaking about the new album and single, charismatic frontman Max Kerman commented:
We wanted a chaotic energy – something like Talking Heads meets Billy Joel. We are learning a lot about ourselves on this record. This song is about finding a truer version of yourself – the one you’ve hid in the past. The song is searching for a kind of freedom that conventional life paths have to offer. Once we had it in good shape we sent it to our friend Lights who is the best at writing about this kind of discovery
On new single Human Being Lights adds:
To me, this song feels like an anthem for seeking out moments and people that can make you feel something. We all need a shake up and we all hate being stuck in a rut. We all, as humans, share commonalities and needs that bring us together
The collaboration with Lights is one of many that the Canadian all stars have chosen for the new record. Blink Twice features tracks with Cold War Kids, to Aly & AJ, Tegan and Sara, Cœur De Pirate, Joel Plaskett, Wesley Schultz of The Lumineers. The complete tracklisting can be found below.
Blink Twice tracklisting
- Past Life (ft. Cold War Kids)
- Take Back Everything
- Human Being (ft. Lights)
- Teenage Tears (ft. Tegan and Sara)
- Nowhere To Go (ft. Wesley Schultz)
- Dance With You (ft. Cœur de pirate, Aly & AJ)
- Running Scared
- Something’s Gotta Give (ft. Joel Plaskett)
Arkells EU and UK tour dates
Arkells and Lights will embark on a co-headline tour across Europe and the UK this fall. Tickets are available here*.
- Sept 11 – Berlin, GER – Lido w/ Lights
- Sept 12 – Hamburg, GER – Knust w/ Lights
- Sept 13 – Düsseldorf, GER – Zakk w/ Lights
- Sept 15 – Norwich, UK – Waterfront Studio w/ Lights
- Sept 16 – Bristol, UK – Thekla w/ Lights
- Sept 17 – Birmingham, UK – O2 Institute 3 w/ Lights
- Sept 19 – Leeds, UK – Brudenell Social Club w/ Lights
- Sept 20 – Glasgow, UK – Oran Mor w/ Lights
- Sept 22 – Manchester, UK – Club Academy w/ Lights
- Sept 23 – London, UK – Brixton Electric w/ Lights
- Sept 24 – Brighton, UK – Chalk w/ Lights
Blink Twice will be released on September 23rd and is available to pre-order in physical and digital formats.